Originally published in Hunter, ND, the Hunter Times flourished until the 1940’s. The first paper printed in Hunter in the 1890’s was known as the The Eye., in 1920’s, the paper was known as The Hunter Herald. The building burned in 1930’s but was rebuilt and named The Hunter Times. The Potter family bought it in 1960 and in 1970 consolidated it with another newspaper, The Cass County Reporter. This paper is still printed in Casselton Today
Among the different types of machinery located in this building are a strip casting machine, hand-operated presses, flatbed press, and Linotype machine. The strip casting machine was used primarily for advertisements, particularly grocery ads, and would often be used to print objects instead of letters.