This cabin was built by a group of Finlanders in 1874 out of oak logs. The original location of this building was on the farm of Helmer and Emma Habberstad located northeast of Kindred, ND, on the Sheyenne River. Eventually Carl Stenhjem, Mrs. Habberstad’s cousin, bought the farm with the log cabin on it. He donated the cabin to Bonanzaville in 1968.
The stove located in the cabin was quite versatile. People would cook on it, use it as heat source, heat water on it for baths or boil water for washing clothes. The upstairs was used only for sleeping, and the downstairs was used for cooking and socializing. It was not uncommon for 12 people to live in a cabin of this size.