Black Smith Shop
During the height of bonanza farming every city had a blacksmiths shop. People went to the blacksmith for wagon wheel rims, horseshoes, chains and plows. They also made latches, hinges, and wrought iron gates. The blacksmith shop was moved to its present location at Bonanzaville in 1970 from Tower City, ND. Many of the shop’s original furnishings and tools are still present. The large anvil located in the shop was used by Clarence Evenson who worked as a blacksmith and machinist in Kindred, ND from 1935 to 1965. The anvil weighs over 250 pounds and was originally used in the oil fields of Oklahoma before being purchased by Evenson.